…for another 30 day challenge meme! (having fun by himself)
This time I found a “favourites” challenge, but I think I might alter it to three things from each topic instead, because it’s too damn hard to choose one sometimes…
Anyway, without further ado, here we go!
Okay so I’ve done this one just a few days ago…
- The Green Mile
- Silence of the Lambs (the whole Hannibal trilogy, actually)
I really like movies that either make me laugh (a lot), is very meaningful and makes me think, or screws with your mind with crazy plot twists.
My three favourite actors are:
- Hugh Laurie (duh!)
- Tom Hanks
- Brad Pitt
I find that most movies by Tom Hanks and Brad Pitt are great just because both of them are such great actors. And Hugh Laurie pulling off “the most American” accent according to the director? (who casted him thinking he was American when he’s British) What a legend. :D Love his old comedies too!
My favourite actresses are:
- Julia Roberts
- Jennifer Morrison
- Scarlett Johansson
Judging may not be purely based on acting skills :P
Some awesome movie scenes:
- The hamburger scene from Pulp Fiction (pretty much every scene is gold in it)
- The cardboard signs scene from Love Actually
- When Arnold Schwarzenegger slowly descends into the molten metal with a thumbs up in Terminator 2: Judgement Day…legendary yet so sad XD
My favourite singers/musicians currently are (with two example vids each!):
My favourite songs!
Now I’m just looking for an excuse to post photos of IU :P
So for this section I’ll just put up excerpts from each song as an example after the break (click Read More!):
I would’ve liked to use more Korean songs, because some of the lyrics are just pure poetry by themselves! But translating kills some of the awesomeness…
>>> Read more <<<
I’ll make this one nice and simple:
- IU - Time After Time: I found her version so different to the original, and despite her accent the sweet, calm melody is quite something! Love listening to it to unwind~!
- Boyce Avenue - Teenage Dream: Who could have imagined this song could be so sensualised and sang so beautifully? I can’t listen to Katy Perry’s original after this and all the other awesome covers :D
- Jacques Stotzem - With Or Without You: I never liked U2 songs, but this fingerstyle guitar cover is SUBLIME. I think it is quite possibly my favourite fingerstyle cover of any song. Please check it out!
And of course the picture for today’s post is…….
Here are some videos that ALWAYS cheer/psyche me up:
Very useful if you had a tough day or need a break from intense exam study!
My three favourite animals are:
- Kitty cat
- Hamster (and mice, I’ll just slide that in here ;D)
- Most other animals that are small, soft, and have googly eyes XD
Well this one is sorta bland…but oh well, here we go:
- Teal - I like it how it’s just in between green and blue, two colours that I love :D
- Purple - used to not like it but after having it as my floor colour at my hostel in first year of uni, I’ve taken a liking to it
- Most pastel colours - I love soft colours because they make something look gentle and nice and soft…and it’s easy on the eyes too! Also includes white with a slight tinge of colour, like bluish tinge or something ;)
Another sort of simple/boring one:
- Medicine - some people say I have a pathological obsession with medicine and hoarding knowledge regarding it.
- Psychology - I read up so much psych stuff that psychology major students often forget I’m doing med not psych XD
- Mechatronics - who doesn’t love robots? :P
Been doing a lot of reverse-translating recently because I keep writing encyclopaedia articles just before sleep, so to save time I write in English first >_<
Need to get back in the habit of writing in Korean first again, did so today! :D
Today’s article is more of “my thoughts” thing; quite dense/complex/mad rambling so just read through it casually! Even better if you read it and it makes you think about it more~
Oooh just thinking about this makes me drool:
- Cookies and cream ice-cream
*drool* This is cruel to think of when I’m currently fasting for my blood test…which I’ll go to in 10 minutes XD Lazy.
Ahh where would I be without certain drinks?
- Milk (both white and flavoured, preferrably banana!)
- Flat white (from a cafe~ :D)
- Scotch whiskey (the older the better!)